Debian Project Leader Elections 2017: Call for nominations
Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx
2017-03-04 20:47:23 UTC

According to the constitution (5.2. Appointment), project
leader elections should begin "six weeks before the leadership
post becomes vacant, or (if it is too late already) immediately."

The new project leader term starts on Friday the 17th of April,
2017. The time line looks like:

| Period | Start | End |
|------------+--------------------------+----------------------------|
| Nomination | Sunday, March 5th, 2017 | Saturday, March 11th, 2017 |
| Campaign | Sunday, March 12th, 2017 | Saturday, April 1st, 2017 |
| Vote | Sunday, April 2th, 2017 | Saturday, April 15th, 2017 |

Prospective leaders should be familiar with the constitution, but
just to review: there's a one week period when interested
developers can nominate themselves and announce their platform,
followed by a three week period intended for campaigning, followed
by two weeks for the election itself.

I intend to collect platform statements from the candidates, and
publish them at http://www.debian.org/vote/2017/platforms/ at the
end of the nomination period, which means around March 12th.

I suggest that the candidates send the platform, preferably in
wml or HTML, to the secretary at least a day before the
publication date.

The format of the web page is open to discussion, but I suggest
there be at least three sections:
- Introduction / Biography
- Major Goal / Meat of the platform
- Rebuttal.

The candidates can make a rebuttal. I would like to receive them
in the first week of the campaign period, so I can publish them
around March 18th.

Details and results for the vote will be published at:
http://www.debian.org/vote/2017/vote_001

Please make sure that nominations are sent to (or cc:'d to)
debian-vote, and are cryptographically signed.

Kurt Roeckx
Debian Project Secretary
Mehdi Dogguy
2017-03-11 09:38:34 UTC

I hereby nominate myself as a candidate for the 2017 DPL election.
Mehdi Dogguy
Chris Lamb
2017-03-11 14:22:02 UTC
[...]
I hereby nominate myself for the forthcoming DPL election.

Regards,

- --
,''`.
: :' : Chris Lamb
`. `'` ***@debian.org / chris-lamb.co.uk
`-
Chris Lamb
2017-03-11 14:29:17 UTC
--
,''`.
: :' : Chris Lamb
`-
Kurt Roeckx
2017-03-11 14:44:41 UTC
Post by Chris Lamb
Post by Chris Lamb
I hereby nominate myself for the forthcoming DPL election.
Trying again; something, somewhere mangled my signature.
The signature was fine in both cases.

Kurt