Q to Mehdi: partners program
Lucas Nussbaum
2017-03-16 11:15:50 UTC
Hi Mehdi,

In you platform, you mention the partners program, and apparently a lot
of progress was made recently. This was a (good) surprise for me. You
With the help of the new partners team I formed during my first term,
we started to make a list of current partners and sponsors. We are
working on the new program and I hope we will be able to make its
first version public in time so that it can be beneficial to
DebConf17. With that in place, we will be able to discuss with
potential partners the terms of their support.
I must admit that I just discovered
https://www.debian.org/partners/2017/partners.en.html

Was this announced somewhere, and did I miss it? Or was it not announced
yet?

Are the members those listed on
https://www.debian.org/intro/organization.en.html
(was the call for help public?)

Was there a (recent) public discussion about that program?

Lucas, maybe just not paying enough attention :)
Mehdi Dogguy
2017-03-23 08:42:41 UTC
Hi Lucas,
Post by Lucas Nussbaum
Hi Mehdi,
In you platform, you mention the partners program, and apparently a lot
of progress was made recently. This was a (good) surprise for me. You
With the help of the new partners team I formed during my first term,
we started to make a list of current partners and sponsors. We are
working on the new program and I hope we will be able to make its
first version public in time so that it can be beneficial to
DebConf17. With that in place, we will be able to discuss with
potential partners the terms of their support.
I must admit that I just discovered
https://www.debian.org/partners/2017/partners.en.html
Was this announced somewhere, and did I miss it? Or was it not announced
yet?
It has not been announced yet. Please bare in mind that this is still
work in progress and not official yet.
Post by Lucas Nussbaum
Are the members those listed on
https://www.debian.org/intro/organization.en.html
(was the call for help public?)
Both Luca and Laura expressed interest in the partners program. I have
discussed about this subject with Luca during DebConf16 and with Laura
over IRC. And then, we started iterating on different points to shape the
program.
Post by Lucas Nussbaum
Was there a (recent) public discussion about that program?
Not yet. I am fairly convinced that discussions are more effective when
we have a proposal at hand to criticize and not completely open. The proposal
will be sent out publicly for discussion as soon as it is ready.
--
Mehdi